Thursday, August 27, 2009

Beach Report

Air Temp - 93F
Water Temp - same
...Welcome to So Fla

Back from the beach I am feeling a bit refreshed and sporting a nice tan. Of course I have to accept that I will never tan as nicely as Green Eyes. And those green eyes stand out even more with a tan. My tan line is sexier though. I had to say it, as Green Eyes knows, I am shamefully competitive about silly things. Who am I kidding, if he could wear what ever he wanted his tan line would be nicer too!

A vacation away from home, even if it is only a few hours away, gives your mind a chance to let go of all the daily responsibilities and thoughts that weigh it down. My little trip allowed me to realize this and do it. While I was away I missed Green Eyes, but it was a good feeling. I did not have that needy feeling. I was feeling good thinking about all of the reasons I love him. Green Eyes often tells me that some anticipation can be a good thing, maybe I need to take his advice a little more often. (p.s.- I know you are reading, don't let that go to your head, lol, XO)

I learned a few other things on this little trip as well. A vacation at the beach is not really complete with out a rum filled frozen drink. Getting stung by a stingray (not me thankfully) is very painful and you really should get medical attention right away, also, soak it in very hot water. A Monopoly game takes three days to finish. Perhaps most important, who you travel with can really make or break your vacation. Note to self...next trip bring Green Eyes.

2 comments:

Petra Bellejambes said...

Delighted you are back, tan and rested. Nothing like a little fasting to sharpen the appetite for company you love too. Looking forward to more posts.

Lynn Jones said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Monopoly: the boardgame equivalent of cricket? :)