Thursday, July 16, 2009

Date Night or Game Night

I'm sorry, I must start out with an aside to date night. "Ouch!" My ears hurt, or more accurately the holes in my ears. I decided to appreciate my feminine side more (just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I am not multi-sided) by wearing earrings. Since I don't do this very often, it hurts, a lot, and now I have decided I need to wear them all of the time so it does not hurt, but I have to get through the pain and sharing it helps. For any guys that might be reading this, again I'm sorry for the digression. This is an example of how a woman's mind works, it is all over the place, keep up. (omg, or maybe it is just me, poor Green Eyes)

Wednesday night is date night for me and Green Eyes. Everyone knows, don't bother to call me on Wednesday. The one night a week I get to take off my "Mom hat". Life has been too busy lately so this is the first time we were going out for date night in too long. We decided to keep it local and reasonable, but I was still very excited and wanted it to be fun. I got dressed in a nice shirt, with just the right amount of view, took extra time with the makeup and even earrings (see eventually it all comes around, Ouch still). I was ready, but I wanted to add a little more fun.

I got in the car and went to the restaurant we had briefly mentioned, then I sent Green Eyes a text message asking if he was ready. He said yes so I sent another text that said "come find me" and a picture with a hint of where I was. I went in and sat at the bar, ordered a drink and waited. There were only women at the bar, "the game" is to find me and "try" and buy me a drink before someone else does. We have talked about this, but this was the first time we tried it. Next time I will have to pick a different location. It did not really matter, I was so happy when Green Eyes showed up, wearing his green shirt to show off. I had been nervous sitting there alone, but it was exciting too. Two men had sat down at the bar just before he arrived and he said they looked disappointed when he showed up. He knows just what to say to boost a girls ego. We drank, we talked, we ate. It was nice to focus on each other.

I also wanted to meet Green Eyes out and see him coming from a far because I thought he would show up sans goatee. We talked about him shaving so we could use the makeup I bought. He didn't do it though. I'm not totally sure why. I was a little disappointed because I can't wait to do that together, but I do love the goatee, he looks great with it. Then I thought maybe he would do it after dinner when we got home, because I had another present for him, a wig. I tortured him all through dinner telling him about my shopping process for it. We didn't waste too much time and went home to try it on.

Much to my happiness he really liked it. It looked nice. Game night continued with the wig on until we went to sleep. I am still waiting to do the whole makeover, but as Green Eyes has taught me...patience and waiting make the pay off even better. I think games are fun and its important to share some fun together. Wednesdays might need to become Date Night and Game Night.

No comments: