Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Musings by me

Mirror

Addiction,

obsession,

desire,

distraction.

Hate yourself,

for every reaction.

Pleasure,

ecstasy,

drama,

pain.

Feel yourself

going insane.

Guilt,

doubt,

judgment,

shame.

Defeat yourself,

by taking the blame.

Laugh,

dream,

hope,

smile.

Help yourself,

find a new style.


This is just that, some musings by me. I like poetry, but have no formal writing education. I sometimes write when I am overwhelmed by emotions. I had not written anything in a very long time, until I found myself going through a divorce a couple of years ago. This was written then. I think poetry and music lyrics are interesting because you can put your own thoughts and life into someone else's words. I rarely share my poetry so be kind, I'm taking a chance here.

No comments: